With the appropriate care, your teeth that have had endodontic treatment will last as long as other natural teeth. Yet, a tooth that has received treatment may fail to heal or pain may continue to exist. Sometimes, the pain may occur months or years after treatment. If so, Endodontic Retreatment may be needed.
For more information about Endodontic Retreatment or to schedule a consult with Dr. Safa, Dr. Anderson, Dr. Vu or Dr. Hutchens, please use our Appointment form or call our office in Torrance, CA at Torrance Endodontix Office Phone Number 310-325-3636. Please also see our Endodontic Retreatment Reviews!
Improper healing may be caused by:
- Curved or narrow canals were not treated during the initial treatment.
- Complicated canals went undetected during the initial treatment.
- The crown or restoration was not placed within the appropriate amount of time following the procedure.
- The crown or restoration did not prevent saliva from contaminating the inside of the tooth.
In some cases, new problems can influence a tooth that was successfully treated:
- New decay can expose a root canal filling material, causing infection.
- A cracked or loose filling or crown can expose the tooth to new infection.
Once retreatment has been selected as a solution to your problem, the doctors will reopen your tooth to gain access to the root canal filling material. This restorative material will be removed to enable access to the root canal. Dr. Safa, Dr. Anderson, Dr. Vu or Dr. Hutchens will now clean your canals and carefully examine the inside of the problematic tooth. Once cleaned, the doctor will fill and seal the canals and place a temporary filling in the tooth.
At this point, you will need to return to your dentist as soon as possible in order to have a new crown or restoration placed on the tooth to restore full functionality.
Learn More About Endodontic Retreatment
For any questions, or to schedule an appointment, call Torrance Endodontix Office Phone Number 310-325-3636 today!
Patient Reviews: endodontic Retreatment
This reviews section is in progress. Please visit the Patient Review form to leave a review about your endodontic retreatment experiences with Dr. Safa, Dr. Anderson, Dr. Vu or Dr. Hutchens at Torrance Endodontix. Call our office if you would like more information: Torrance Endodontix Office Phone Number 310-325-3636.